• 020 8553 0645

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to inform my mortgage provider that I am letting my property?

You do not have to if it is on a buy-to-let mortgage. However, if your property is on a residential mortgage, you will have to get ‘consent to let’ from your lender.

Would I have to get ‘consent to let’ if my property is leasehold?

A change in the type of occupancy might affect the buildings insurance. Therefore, you should inform the managing agents or freeholders before you let your property. You should also inform us of any restrictions in your lease that might affect your tenant.

Do I have to inform my insurance company?

Yes. Your insurer might want to adjust your policy or be unable to continue to provide you with cover. If you fail to inform them, you might find down the line that you are no longer covered.

What services do you offer?

Our personal approach ensures we are able to deliver a service specifically catered to your needs. However, we provide three main services as standard.

Can I manage the property myself if you find me a tenant?

Yes, we have a Lettings-Only service, where we find and fully reference a suitable tenant for you. However, for added peace of mind 93% of our landlords* opt for our secure Absolute Rent Guarantee service.

How is the rent paid?

It is paid in advance. A standing order is typically set up from the tenant’s bank account to our client account. The rent minus any pre-agreed deductions is then paid by BACS into an account of your choice. We also provide you with a detailed monthly management statement.

What if the tenant fails to pay the rent?

Our thorough tenant selection and referencing process greatly minimises such occurrences. All applicants go through our prequalification process before they even get to view your property. They also pass a comprehensive credit check before they become your tenants.

What about the tenant’s deposit?

Your tenant pays a deposit equal to a month’s rent. This offers you some protection should they cause legitimate damage to your property. We register all deposits with the government-backed Deposit Protection under their custodial scheme within 30 days of receipt, as required by law.

What sort of agreement will my tenant sign?

An Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) typically for a fixed 12-month period.

What if my tenant causes damage to my property?

We conduct a thorough tenant selection and referencing process. We also look after your tenants and maintain good relations with them so such instances are uncommon. However, in the rare event that they cause accidental damage, you have recourse.

We protect you with an up to date inventory complete with detailed photographs and request a deposit equal to a month’s rent from the tenant. Bar reasonable wear and tear, we also return your property to you in the condition we received it at the end of our lease agreement.

What happens when my property is empty?

Ensure your insurance policy is still valid by checking your policy and acting in accordance with it. On our end, our fees only apply on rents we collect. So when your property is empty, we lose money too. So rest assured we do everything we can to ensure your property is always tenanted.

With our Absolute Rent Guarantee service preferred by 93% of our landlords*, we pay your rent every month without fail - even if the tenant fails to pay.

What repairs am I responsible for?

Under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, you are legally responsible for maintaining the structure of your property, the supply of essential services and sanitation. In addition, under the terms of the Tenancy Agreement, you are responsible for items within the property that need repairing or replacing as a result of wear and tear. One of our Property Managers can talk you through this.

How do I know the monthly rent is being paid?

We send you a text alert when we pay the rent into your account. We also upload the latest copy of your management statement to your secure online dashboard, which you can access 24 hours a day.

Is my property going to be let to DSS tenants or the Council?

Our tenants are mainly employees of blue chip companies.

What if your company goes out of business?

We have been in business for twelve years. We manage the properties of hundreds of landlords and we continue to grow. In the unlikely event that our business closes down, you are fully protected. All documents and legal policies pertaining to your property are always in your name. You remain the sole beneficiary.

How can I be sure that you are looking after my property?

We carry out quarterly inspections and upload the inspection reports for you to view on your online dashboard 24 hours a day. You are also welcome to join us on an inspection should you wish.

Request A Free Valuation

See what some of out clients say about us

ABC Gone Limited is registered in England and Wales under Registration No. 07156721