• 020 8553 0645

Frequently Asked Questions

What comes with a ‘Furnished’ property?

Our furnished properties come with standard fixtures and fittings, furnishings and white goods (e.g. fridge, washing machine).

What upfront costs are involved when renting with you?

We ask that you pay the following before moving into the property:

  • 1 month’s rent in advance
  • 1 month’s rent as Security Deposit
  • Our agency fee equalling 2 weeks rent

(E.g. Rent at £1300pcm, Our agency fee = £600).

What is the agency fee for?

Our fee equals 2 weeks rent and covers the cost of

  • Your reference check
  • Inventory
  • Drawing up of the tenancy agreement.

What is the difference between a Holding Deposit and a Security Deposit?

We request a non-refundable Holding Deposit of £300 to firm up your interest in a property. Once paid, we reserve the property for you by taking it off the market. Once you proceed with renting the property, the Holding Deposit then contributes towards your Security Deposit.

Your Security Deposit is held by a government-approved deposit protection scheme. In the unlikely event that you cause legitimate damage to your landlord’s property, ABC Gone will make a claim, with supporting evidence from the inventory, for the cost of the damages.

What happens to my Security Deposit?

We register your Security Deposit with the government-backed Deposit Protection Service under their custodial scheme within the 30-day legal requirement. The Deposit Protection Service sends you confirmation of your deposit registration as soon as it is complete. Your tenancy agreement also provides you with confirmation.

What is an inventory?

An inventory details, with supporting photographs, the condition of the contents of a property. It protects both the tenant and landlord by confirming the state of a property before a tenant moves in.

How long does the referencing process take?

Depending on your circumstances, it can take up to 7 days to receive the results of a straightforward reference check. We keep you informed every step of the way.

Am I allowed to have pets at the property?

It depends on the landlord. Some landlords do not allow pets. Others do but ask for more in way of Security Deposit to cover the likelihood of possible damage by a pet. You might also be required to pay for ‘deep cleaning’ of the property at the end of your tenancy. You will be informed either way before you sign the tenancy agreement.

Can I use my deposit as the last month’s rent?

From a legal standpoint, you are not allowed to withhold rent in place of getting your deposit back. We also do not have access to your deposit as the Deposit Protection Service protects it.

Am I allowed to decorate the property?

No. However, we always try and help where possible.
Get in touch with a member of our team.

How much notice do I have to give in order to end my tenancy?

Our tenancies are usually fixed for 12 months. To leave on your tenancy end date, you must inform us in writing at least 30 days before your tenancy ends. Failing to do so and your tenancy will continue on a monthly basis under a Periodic Tenancy. To end a Periodic Tenancy, you and your landlord are legally obliged to give at least 30 days’ written notice before the required end date.

In the rare circumstances that you have a 6-month break clause in your tenancy agreement with us, you and your landlord are legally obliged to give at least 30 days notice before the end of the break clause.

Consult your tenancy agreement for further clarification or call a member of our team who would be happy to help.


  • ideal
  • Best Letting

    Agent In Ilford

ABC Gone Limited is registered in England and Wales under Registration No. 07156721